APL has an absolute commitment to offering the highest standards of quality manufacturing to our clients. In terms of Food Packaging, this is represented by our approval for the definitive international standard in this market – we have been awarded a GRADE A certification. This is a premium standard for injection moulding manufacturers working in food packaging.
The BRC Food Safety Standard Quality Processes
There are seven areas addressed by this standard and these cover all the main processes involved in processing, handling or packing food. As injection moulding manufacturers, APL’s involvement with food packaging is focused on the packaging. In general, the sections cover
- An absolute commitment to food safety at senior management level
- The need to have a Food Safety Plan (HACCP) in place
- Requirements for Food Safety and Quality Processes, extending ISO 9000 practices
- Appropriate Onsite/Facilities layout, maintenance etc.
- Effective Product Design and Development
- The implementation of safe processes, e.g. equipment calibration etc
- Appropriate Staff training, appropriate clothing and hygiene
To learn more about APL one of the leading injection moulding manufacturers in the food packaging market please do contact us today – we look forward to your call.